CAO DAI TEMPLE – CU CHI TUNNEL
Cu Chi Tunnel recognized as the National Historical Monument by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has now become HCMC’s frequently-visited site by tourists within and out of Viet Nam. There are two places in Cu Chi Tunnel including Ben Duoc Tunnel protected in Phu Hiep Hamlet, Phu My Hung Village, Cu Chi District and Ben Dinh Tunnel protected in Ben Dinh Hamlet, Nhuan Duc Village, Cu Chi District. Visiting the Tunnel will bring travelers terrific chances to directly experience the life underground and learn more about the strong will, effort as well as creation of residents who used to live here.
Pick up at hotel at 8:00 for the tour.
The Great Holy See Temple, built in 1926, is considered one of the most striking structures in all of South-East Asia. It is the headquarters of the unique Cao Dai sect, a religion with a hybrid of Buddhism, Christianity & Confucianism. Above the entrance is the all-seeing holy eye – symbol of the sect. Visitors will attend the midday ceremony’s extravaganza to witness the daily mass held by the Cao Dai followers which is a fantastic experience. After lunch, proceed to Cu Chi to explore the amazing site where Viet Cong hid during the War. It is now a popular spot for both Vietnamese & foreign tourists – the network of over 200km of tunnels became legendary when they played a vital role in the War. In their heyday, the tunnels were functioning underground cities including numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”. Visitors can watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed before entering the tunnels. Spend the next hour exploring the tunnels. Afterwards, enjoy tea, cassava (guerrilla’s food in war time). Return to Saigon.
|Inclusive of:||Exclusive of:|
|– Local English speaking guide
– Local transportation: Air-conditioned
– Entrance fee
– Lunch at local restaurant
|– Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
– Travel insurance
– Tip for guide & driver
– Any services other than mentioned
- What to bring: Take with the camera, rain coat, umbrella, the cure kits, soft hat, formal dresses.
- Contact with in emergency case: Tour Operator – Mr. Hoa (Alex) 04. 3934 3088 / 09 3637 6558
- Above prices are not applied on New year, Tet holiday, Public holiday, Long day holiday
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Price is subject to change due to fuel surcharge
Have a great trip!