Mekong Delta Tour – Full day (Daily Departure)
The Mekong Delta is the bottom half of Vietnam‘s two rice baskets (the other being the Red River Delta in the North). This vast delta is formed by the deposition of the multiple tentacles and tributaries of the mighty Mekong River which has its origin in the Tibetan highland plateau 2,800 miles away. From its source, the river makes its way through China, Myanmar (Burma), Laos, Cambodia and South Vietnam before flowing out into the South China Sea. The Mekong’s Vietnamese name, Cuu Long, means Nine Dragons for the nine mouths that terminate the flow of this great river as it is absorbed by the sea.
HCM – My Tho – Ben Tre – HCM ( start 8.00 – return 17.00 )
Enjoy the scenic journey along the National Highway bordered by green rice fields.
On arrived at My Tho, visit VinhTrang pagoda, take a leisurely boat ride along the river, view the stilt houses, fruit plantations and fishing villages along the river bank. Proceed to Tortoise islet, have lunch in the orchard garden. Then a boat ride to An Khanh – a less touristy attraction in Ben Tre, enjoy cruising on a hand-rowed sampan under the shadow of the water coconut trees along natural canals. Have a short cycling trip (applied for private tour/ if time permitted) then enjoy seasonal fruit & honey tea to the sound of “Southern Vietnamese folk music“, performed by locals.
Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle, taste the delicious coconut candy& observe the pastoral life as you roam through the fruit plantation and village. Meet the bus and return to HCMC. This trip provides a fascinating insight into daily life in the Mekong Delta and you are guaranteed to take home your own private collection of beautiful memories.
- What to bring: Take with the camera, rain coat, umbrella, the cure kits, soft hat, formal dresses.
- Contact with in emergency case: Tour Operator – Mr. Hoa (Alex) 04. 3934 3088 / 09 3637 6558
- Above prices are not applied on New year, Tet holiday, Public holiday, Long day holiday
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
5. Special request (diet or vegetarian …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Price is subject to change due to fuel surcharge
Have a great trip!